Research shows some of the most popular reasons people choose direct selling are:
- Direct selling is a good way to meet and socialize with people.
- Direct selling offers flexible work schedules.
- Direct selling is a good way to earn extra income.
- Direct selling is a good way to own a business.
- Earnings are in proportion to efforts.
Anyone can do it.
There are no required levels of education, experience, financial resources or physical condition.
People of all ages and from all backgrounds have succeeded in direct selling.
Direct sellers are independent contractors. You’re your own boss, which means you can:
- Work part-time or full-time – you choose when and how much you want to work.
- Set your own goals and determine yourself how to reach them.
- Earn in proportion to your own efforts. The level of success you can achieve is limited only by your willingness to work hard.
- Own a business of your own with very little or no capital investment.
- Receive training and support from an established company.
People like to shop through direct selling.
According to recent surveys, 74 percent of Americans have purchased goods or services through direct sales. That’s more than the number who have purchased through television shopping and on-line computer services combined. People value the products available through direct selling and 45 percent of Americans want to buy from direct sellers.
Direct selling is a growing industry.
Sales in the U.S. have more than doubled in the last decade to more than $30 billion and are now more than $100 billion worldwide.
People from literally all walks of life, of all ages, are successful in direct sales. About 75 percent of those working in direct sales are women, 10 percent are African American, six percent are Latino and three percent are Asian, Native American or other. Many people start part-time, and later leave their other careers when direct selling becomes more lucrative.
Article resource: http://www.dsa.org/aboutselling/benefits/